Friday, September 02, 2011

Shake, Shake, Shake it Off

Random Lady I've Never Met Before: Oh! Your baby is cute!

Me: Thanks!

Random Lady: Does he have... The Cancer?

Me: ... Um... His face? He has some dermatology issues but we're working on it...

Crazy Lady: Oh, that's good. I'd imagine it would be hard to bond to an adopted baby with cancer.

Me: ....

Crazy-Ass Lady: He is adopted, right?

Me: Does it matter?

Fucking Crazy-Ass Lady: Oh! Haha, no? I mean? It's just... he's so white and you're so dark!

Me: ...

Dumb Bitch who Needs to Pull Her Foot Out of Her Mouth: ... Um... I take it he takes after your husband? Your husband must be really white. Why...

Me, walking away.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously? the stupidity of people amaze me.

Heather said...

WTF?!

Sarah Jackson said...

wow. just wow. she must have felt like a total ass all day, and she should have.

Molly said...

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to open their mouths in public. Oy.

LJ said...

*speechless*

amy h said...

Where did you run into such a person? Remind me not to go to there. Craziness!

Rebecca F. said...

Unbelievable.

WyrdMomma said...

I get the same reaction when people see me with SydNEY, or DJ, or Gregg...or...or...sheesh....PEOPLE IT'S LIKE 2011! GET OVER IT!

Vicki said...

Holy crap. Sorry you had to deal with that.

Rachel said...

OMG - that lady must have been on drugs.

Unknown said...

I can't decide if this is reallly funny or really f*&^%$ up...

what's wrong with people???

Mika said...

People are RIDICULOUS! My daughter has a skin condition called icthyosis (imagine exczema on crack..you're close), and my EX father in law said "wow, she looks like you put her through the meat grinder!". What is WRONG with people??? Your little guy is beautiful, she can suck it!

Jersey Knitting Mama said...

LOL!!!!!! Yeah, this shit happens. It must be so annoying!!!!
I lived in NYC with older son and you should see the crazy ass questions I get from people. Sometimes you just gotta walk away!

Stitchy said...

Hey, if nothing else it makes for good fodder for the blog.
After reading your previous post I wanted to cry for you. You pretty much should be a saint.