Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kill Me Romantically

::sigh::

Griffin lost another tooth yesterday -- this time at school, his first full day. And even better yet, while he was on the playground. So he shoved the tooth in his pocket and wiped the blood on his shirt. Oh lordy.


I'm going to black and white this and make a jack'o lantern have the same smile in a month or so. And then I'll put it in a competition and it will win a blue ribbon.

He's so different than I was -- I wouldn't touch mine for nothin', I even remember my dad pinning me down with pliers in his hands, threatening to take my loose tooth out for me. I would wait for those teeth to come out on their own, hanging by a thread, the way it's suppose to happen naturally.

All this blood and raw gums is icky. Very interesting, yes. But still icky.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's tough, mom. Tough.

Jack lost his second tooth at school with tons of blood.

Tough.

montague said...

i would loooove to play with my loose teeth, but never had the guts to really yank them out!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Havoc's second tooth is loose right now. I suspect it will come out during school tomorrow or the next day. He wants to pull it out himself. I guess they get guy points for it.

Anonymous said...

Love the toothless grin!

misschris said...

What is grosser is the *keeping* of the teeth. And finding them years later and thinking, WTH? Ick. Why did my mom do that??? Gross.

Cute smile though.

Chickenbells said...

But...look at him all handsome with no teeth! I hated the string my teeth would hang by...and I always wondered why some of them would be so painful when they fell out, and others would just pop out before I even knew they were loose?

patrice said...

I loved the toothless smiles. Now Annie has a mouth in transition. I like the sweet toothless look more.

Renee said...

Aww, I love snaggletooth!

Kerrie McLoughlin said...

dang! joel hasn't lost ANY yet and isn't he like 9 months older than griff? should i punch a couple out?!